Saturday, December 23, 2006

You Rebel Scum...........

I have been a regular to visit the Star Wars collecting/fansite RebelScum.com. If you want to keep up on what is going on with Star Wars, RS is one of the site you need to visit. Lately, I have been a regular on the RS forums. I have never been a forum type person. If you want to go beyond eBay in buying Star Wars items, you must look at the RS Forums. The part that has drawn me, is the avenue to buy and sell items to other "Scummers." You can find people on the forum that do not use eBay at all for collecting. They use the connections made available from places like Rebel Scum to deal with other collectors. This is a neat idea. I have no idea why it has taken me so long to discover this avenue.

I have bought and sold items already. Pictured, is my first RS Forum purchase. This is my first carded Chewbacca. I have 3 of his variations loose. All of the items that I have sold have gone to overseas buyers. This has lead me to believe the RS Forums are utilized by the overseas crowd quite a bit.

From a selling stand point, their are no eBay fees. I do not like to nickel and dime my buyer by making them pay extra for all of MY fees. I do not like to pay fees, so it is a plus to cut fees in half if the buys pays with Paypal, of cut them completely if they pay with a check or money order.

I have caught on to some of the discussion boards. I like to frequent the post about vintage collecting. People that know me personally think I know a butt load about SW. I do know a lot, but their is a whole lot that I do not know. I am learning from the guys at the Rebel Scum Forums.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?