Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A job that has enhanced my collecting.........


I work part-time for an inflatable game company. I have actually worked for Extreme Inflatables for about 4 1/2 years. Sometimes full-time, sometimes part-time. I travel when I am working for Extreme. This last weekend I was in Hereford, Texas. How does this relate to collecting? The selection of toys varies between different Wal-Mart's, Target's, etc. When I have the extra time I stop at different stores along the trip. I preach patience and persistence when it comes to finding the new releases. It has paid off for me again. This past weekend I found several items that I have been looking for. As I mentioned in my previous post I was looking for the Episode 3 Chewbacca and Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise Unleashed figures. I found a whole display of them. Instead of going straight to the Star Wars section then leaving, I wandered around the toy section a little bit. They had the Unleashed figures on the top shelf of a random endcap. On my journey I also found the Greatest Battles Shock Trooper times three. Even though it is not Star Wars, I found the three new Die Cast Battlestar Galactica ships: the Viper Mark 7, Raptor, and Colonial One.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?