Monday, August 22, 2005

What I collect.........

Every collector should have a focus when collecting. I do have a little bit of a variety of things. I also have a lot of other things. I do understand that my collection will pale in comparison to many other's. Most people that I am around think I have one of the largest. Of course this is not true. The focus that I have chosen are as follows:

Vintage loose: These are the Kenner 3' 3/4" action figures put out from 1977 to 1985. My goal is to collect all of these figures complete with all the variations in the best condition possible. Of course I want to collect these figures still in the package. I just cannot afford carded figures. It is unbelievable how many different variations of carded figures are out there along with how much they sell for.

Baggies: Figures that have been packaged in a plastic bag. These figures have been offered in various ways. They come in playsets and special mail-in offers. I will not go into detail because it will be the subject of a future post.

Unleashed: These modern figures have turned our favorite Star Wars characters into pieces of art. The first one that I bought was the Darth Maul. Since then I have picked away at these beautiful figures. My goal is to collect two of every variation. One to display out of package and one to display in package.

I do collect 3' 3/4" figures. They do not represent a major focus in my collecting goals. I also have a long way to go in collecting them. Number 500 was just released. I only have around 100.

Let the discussion begin. I want this to be an educational experience for all of us (one thing that is for sure, I am far from knowing it all, my name is not Sansweet).

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?